ICASA, NRCS and SABS Certifications (South Africa)
Do you need to certify your electrical, electronic, RF/Wireless products or systems for South African market? You would need ICASA certificate for RF/Wireless products, NRCS Letter of Authority (LoA) for safety of products, SABS EMC Certificate of Conformance (CoC) for electromagnetic compatibility of products. We are offering ICASA, NRCS and SABS certification consultancy services with our local partner in South Africa. Contact us and certify your products to sell in South Africa.
ICASA RF Type Approval Certification Services
ICASA (Independent Communications Authority of South Africa) is the governmental authority who regulates the radio/RF devices for South Africa. We are offering consultancy services to have type approval certificates for your radio devices and systems. We require:
- RF test reports relevant for the products, dependent on frequency, but typically according to EN 301 406 (or EN 300 328, EN 300 330, EN 303 345, EN 300 440, EN 301 511, EN 301 893, EN 301 908 or applicable) standards.
- EMC test reports according to EN 301 489 (and/or EN 301 440, where applicable)
- RED Certificates
- Or full set of RED reports, including COC’s and VOC’s. (FCC reports are not accepted.)
- Safety test reports as for NRCS below
- Product technical manual
- Lead time: 8 – 10 weeks
- Fee: $375.00 per application. (Dependent on Exchange Rates.)
- Consultancy fee: $490.00 per application.
- Above pricing does not include any testing or test report service. If you need testing service as well, please ask additionally. We are also offering RF, RED, EMC, Safety testing services.
NRCS Safety Letter of Authority (LoA) Certification Services
NRCS (National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications) is the governmental authority who regulates the safety of electrical, electronic, RF products for South Africa. We are offering consultancy services to have NRCS Safety Letter of Authority (LoA) certificates for your products. Audio/Visual & IT Components are a few sample product categories that needs NRCS LoA. In order to offer our consultancy service to apply for NRCS LoA certificate we require:
- Safety test reports for Main unit as well as Power Adaptor (where applicable), according to IEC 62368-1:2018 (or:2014), or IEC 60950-1:2013 (where applicable). (EN test reports are not accepted). All test reports must have been issued less than 36 months ago.
- Energy Efficiency (similar to ErP) test reports according to SANS 941 / IEC 62087 (where applicable for “Standby Mode”). For products that do not incorporate “Passive Standby”, a Declaration from a Test Lab may be accepted, without the necessity for EE application. (Please pay attention: NRCS will not issue Safety LOA, without Energy Efficiency compliance for relevant products!)
- Lead time for issuing of LOA Certificates is officially stated as up to 120 days after submitting applications. (We have recently been receiving approvals after about 8 weeks, but no guarantee.)
- Fee: $150.00 per application. (Dependent on Exchange Rates.)
- Consultancy fee: $490.00 per application.
- Above pricing does not include any testing or test report service. If you need testing service as well, please ask additionally. We are also offering Safety testing services.
SABS EMC Certificate of Conformance (CoC) Services
SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) is the national governmental authority who publishes standards for South Africa. As a founder member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), SABS has built a reputation globally as a long-standing and widely respected role player in international standardisation, and the leading standardisation body in Africa.
SABS EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Certificate of Conformance (CoC) is not yet mandatory for South African market. It is still a voluntary certification. If you or your customer in South Africa needs SABS EMC CoC, we are offering consultancy service to get this certificate for you. We require:
- Existing EMC test reports prepared according to IEC standards. All test reports must have been issued less than 36 months ago.
- Consultancy fee: $690.00 per application.
- Above pricing does not include any testing or test report service. If you need testing service as well, please ask additionally. We are also offering EMC testing services.
What we offer?
With our local entity partner in South Africa, we would be able to assist you with ICASA RF Type Approvals, NRCS Safety LOA’s and SABS EMC CoC.
1. A request for Safety LOA (NRCS) and/or RF Type Approval (ICASA) and/or EMC CoC (SABS), may be e-mailed to our email address (email@example.com), with basic specs of the product, and copies of test reports available. If the files are too large, then they are uploaded via free internet sites, e.g. www.wesendit.com , www.hightail.com , Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer etc., and we will be able to download the files.
2. The reports are evaluated, and you will be advised whether they will be acceptable, or details of shortfalls.
3. We will then complete the necessary application forms and submit to the Regulator together with all relevant documents.
4. Once applications have been submitted, you will be notified thereof. Payment to NRCS for Safety LOA’s and/or ICASA for RF Type Approvals and/or SABS EMC CoC must be made in advance.
5. A schedule is created for the company, which lists status of all applications, and a copy will be sent as updates monthly, dependent on movements.
6. Our consulting fee is separate from the Regulators’ fees, and is for evaluating the test reports, providing advice, submitting applications to NRCS, ICASA or SABS, and management of these applications.
Is local distributor or representative required to get South African product certificates?
Yes. NRCS, ICASA and SABS is asking a local entity of South Africa. The regulatory authorities will only allow entities registered within the borders of South Africa to apply for certifications, so there must be a local distributor, representative or importer, who will be the actual importer.
We are engineers, experts and consultants specialised in electrical product testing and certification.
With our team, laboratory and partner laboratories, we are providing testing and certification services for electrical products. We are partnering with testing laboratories located in USA, Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Turkey, China, Brazil and South Africa. We are providing our services worldwide.
We are also collaborating with EMC test equipment and chamber manufacturers to provide turnkey systems and solutions to the businesses. After understanding your current requirements, we are offering best device configurations to fulfil your needs. We are delivering, installing test equipments and anechoic chambers with our partner and expert teams. When required, we are also offering on-site and remote trainings for the devices and chambers we deliver.
Testups Ireland Limited is a registered company with registration number 634977. Tax ID: 3570537IH
Registered address: 22 Northumberland Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. D04 ED73 Ireland