EMC TESTING SERVICES
Are you looking for an EMC test laboratory? We are offering EMC and Radio/RF Testing Services for electronic products. We are collaborating with international accredited test laboratories. Have pre-compliance or full-compliance testing service with us.
Contact us and get your quote:
EMC Testing Services
With international network of pre-compliance and accredited test laboratories, we offer:
EMC Testing for Medical Devices
EMC Testing for Automotive
Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing services for electronic products used in automotive. Test standars: ECE R10, CISPR 12, CISPR 25 and more.
EMC Testing for Radio Devices
Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing services for radio devices, wireless systems according to ETSI and FCC standards.
EMC Testing for Consumer Electronics
EMC Testing for Railway Applications
Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing services for electronic products used in railway applications. Do you need EMC testing for your product used in railway?
EMC Testing for Defense, Military and Avionics
Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing services for products used in military, defense and avionics. Most used standard is MIL-STD-461. We are offering EMC testing services
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing is a requirement for most of the electrical products which emits or is subjected to electromagnetic disturbance. All electric devices or installations influence each other when interconnected or close to each other, e.g. interference between TV sets, GSM handsets, radios and nearby washing machine or electrical power lines. The purpose of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is to keep all those side effects under reasonable control.
The electromagnetic compatibility ensures that electrical and electronic equipment does not generate, or is not affected by, electromagnetic disturbance.
Each country or region applies their own regulations. Europe regulates EMC requirements through CE marking directives like EMC or RED. In USA, FCC regulates EMC related products with its FCC standards. Japan applies VCCI marking, South Korea applies KC marking for Electromagnetic Compatibility.
European Commission of EU published Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU. The main objective of the EMC Directive is to guarantee the free movement of equipment and to create an acceptable electromagnetic environment whilst ensuring that equipment will function as intended in that environment. In order to achieve it, a harmonised and acceptable level of protection is required by the Directive, leading to full harmonisation in the EU.
Since some articles of EMC Directive (2014/30/EU) is written with legal terms, additional official guides can be followed to understand it better. EU published its guide about EMC, you can click here: Guide for the EMCD (Directive 2014/30/EU)
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) tests are performed in specific rooms or test chambers which are defined by international standards. One of the EMC tests is Radiated Immunity (or Immunity Against Radiated Fields) in which the Equipment Under Test (EUT) is subjected to a Electric-field. E-field level depends on the standard applied. It is 3 V/m for some products, this can go up to 200 V/m. Radiated Immunity tests are mostly performed in Full Anechoic Chamber, with all surfaces are covered by ferromagnetic materials like ferrites or absorbers. For Semi Anechoic Chamber, ground plane is not covered with such materials.
What is an anechoic chamber?
An anechoic chamber is a room designed to completely absorb reflections of either sound or electromagnetic waves. They are also often isolated from waves entering from their surroundings.
Watch this video to see an Full Anechoic Chamber (FAC):
Testups provides EMC testing services to researchers, product designers, manufacturers, importers and exporters who may need EMC testing service. In order to get EMC testing service, we recommend you to send us below information of your product:
- Electrical features
- Clock frequency
- Communication frequency
- Dimensions and weight
- Field of use
- Required standards (if exists)
- Required product markings (CE, FCC, VCCI, KC…)
After receiving above information from you, Testups will send you our quote. You will be able to see all EMC testing standards, specific to your product, in this quote. When you accept our quote, you will send test samples(s) to laboratory address. When purchase order and test sample(s) are received EMC testing will be scheduled. If you also want to attend EMC testing, please inform us when sending us purchase order, we will schedule laboratory for your visit.
When EMC testing service is finished, you will have EMC test report and your invoice.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Tests are required for CE marking or other certifications of any electrical equipment, machinery, or device. Whether working with 220V AC, working with DC (battery or adapter), if an electrical product can electromagnetically affect its environment or it can be electromagnetically affected, EMC tests should be applied to that product. Whether EMC tests are applied to a product or which tests are applied is decided by considering the technical specifications of the product and the regulation and test standard to be applied.
There are various regulations and standards related to EMC tests:
EMC Directive 2014/30/EU,
Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU,
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC ,
Medical Device Directive 93/42/EC,
Military EMC tests MIL-STD-461,
Automotive Regulation No UN ECE R10.
Types of EMC tests
EMC tests are applied after the product standard is determined, EMC tests can be listed as follows:
- Radiated Emission (It is tested whether the electromagnetic signals in the product tested through EMC antennas are below limits)
- Conducted Emission (It is tested whether the electromagnetic emission caused by the tested product’s cables is below the limits)
- Electrostatic Discharge – ESD (IEC/EN 61000-4-2)
Radiated Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-3)
- Electrical Fast Transient / Burst (IEC/EN 61000-4-4)
- Surge (IEC/EN 61000-4-5)
- Conducted Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-6)
- Voltage dips, short interruptions and voltage variations (IEC/EN 61000-4-11)
- Harmonic Current Emissions (IEC/EN 61000-3-2)
- Voltage Changes, Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker (IEC/EN 61000-3-3)
Testups also offers on site EMC testing services for the larger products like huge machines.
Do you have a big product?
Do you want to learn specific EMC standards for your product?
If you contact us and send your product’s features, we are informing you which EMC testing standards shall be applied. In order to get a clear response, please share below information related to your product:
- technical features,
- field of use,
- the countries that it will be marketed.
What we offer?
We are offering these services related to EMC testing:
- Preliminary Design Review: Remove any question as to whether a product will meet the EMC requirements with pre-scan measurements. You can use these measurement results to modify your product and prepare it for formal approvals. This will reduce the likelihood of surprises during the final testing phase.
- Laboratory Testing: With our international EMC test laboratory network, we offer EMC testing services according to national, regional and international standards. EMC test standards applied for Europe, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Turkey are under our service scope. Which EMC test standards are under our service scope?
- OnSite Testing: With our international EMC test laboratory network, we are offering on site EMC testing services for huge systems. We are offering onsite EMC testing services in Europe, United States, United Kingdom and Turkey.
- Debugging or R&D Work: When your product fails from any EMC test, we also help you to fix the problems. This service decreases the time you spent for compliance of the product. Depending on the fail test result, one of our partner engineers will analyze the test results and product features, then offer best applicable solution.
- Documentation: Our EMC testing services are documented with EMC test reports. If you need any other technical documentation or custom reporting service related to EMC testing let us know.
- Certification: In same cases, testing might not be enough. For instances, if you have a medical device or automotive product certification or type approval can alse be applied to your product. In addition to EMC testing services we also offer certification services related to EMC compliance.
- Consulting: Share your EMC testing related requirements with us, one of our consultants is ready to fulfil your needs. Consultancy can be related to design, testing, test setup, test plan, instrumentation or a turnkey test laboratory.
- Test Instruments: Do you regularly need EMC testing services? Think on having some test instruments for inhouse testing. When you need EMC test instruments, we are quoting alternative configurations according to your requirements. We are delivering EMC test instruments to your address. We are distributing EMC test instruments to our international customers.
- Test Chambers: If you have various types of products, time to invest on a EMC test chamber. When you need EMC test chambers, cells or tents, we are quoting according to your EMC requirements. We are delivering the items related to anechoic test chambers, cells or tents to your address. With local installation teams, we are also able to install the chambers at your facility. After installation, we are able to validate the chamber we install with a 3rd party measurement facility.
Fulfil your EMC testing requirements
with accredited and trusted partners of Testups
We are engineers, experts and consultants specialised in electrical product testing and certification.
With our team, laboratory and partner laboratories, we are providing testing and certification services for electrical products. We are partnering with testing laboratories located in USA, Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Turkey, China, Brazil and South Africa. We are providing our services worldwide.
We are also collaborating with EMC test equipment and chamber manufacturers to provide turnkey systems and solutions to the businesses. After understanding your current requirements, we are offering best device configurations to fulfil your needs. We are delivering, installing test equipments and anechoic chambers with our partner and expert teams. When required, we are also offering on-site and remote trainings for the devices and chambers we deliver.
Our recent blog posts
What is Immunity to Proximity Magnetic Fields? A new EMC test is added to latest version of medical EMC standard IEC 60601-1-2 (Edition 4.1). This test is named as immunity to proximity magnetic fields since extra magnetic and radiated immunity tests are required for...
Testups Hungary (Ege Test European Kft.) started to represent Solar Electronics Company in Hungary. Solar EMC manufactures EMC instruments…
We are offering Radio/RF testing services according to latest versions of standards or directives listed below: ANSI C63.10 ANSI C63.26 AS/NZS 4295 CFR 47, FCC Part 15, Subpart C CFR 47, FCC Part 15, Subpart E EN 300 341 EN 300 086 EN 300 113 EN 300 219 EN 300 220-3-1...
Testups Ireland Limited is a registered company with registration number 634977. Tax ID: 3570537IH
Registered address: 22 Northumberland Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. D04 ED73 Ireland